Participants in the upcoming unity service at the First Baptist Church of Marion say they are hoping this will not be just a one-time event but will result in an ongoing dialogue between various segments of the McDowell County community.
P.G. Elementary students want your pledges to help support their school for new technology and playground equipment.
The city of Marion’s new downtown grant program is now ready to take applications from businesses.
Authorities said Thursday they arrested a Bakersville man and charged him with possessing meth.
- Entertainment Calendar previews local, regional events
- Walk to School Day is Wednesday
- FUN RUN: P.G. students need your pledges to walk laps, raise money for school
- Downtown Marion businesses can apply for grant money
- Old Fort's Octoberfest set for Friday and Saturday
- Special service set for Sunday seeks to build unity
- Report: Bakersville man faces meth charge
- Update: Fire destroys Nebo home