Kindergarten students at Nebo Elementary, from Mrs. Nicole Hutton and Mrs. Jill Hensley's class, performed a play from the book "Pete the Cat.” Mrs. Julie McKinney, the librarian, coordinated the play by writing the script, getting costumes together and serving refreshments for the parents. “We had a fantastic turnout with parent involvement. Every student had a parent or grandparent represent them. It was wonderful to see all the support. Our class also traveled to Isothermal Community College to watch a production of Pete the Cat. This play was a wonderful experience for us all,” said Hutton.
- Alert: 2 sought for felony child abuse
- Breaking: ATV accident leads to one death
- Auction held for iconic building in Pleasant Gardens
- Superior Court: Busy thief gets 6 years in prison
- Marion felon gets seven years for theft, drug charges
- Effort underway to combat substance abuse problem in McDowell, WNC
- New HOPE seeks help; Domestic violence shelter struggling with community support
- Vagina Monologues comes to the Greenlee Theatre this Friday and Saturday
- Hogan, A. C. "Bud"
- New movement seeks to re-energize local Democratic Party