(NAPSI)—You can look like a million while spending much less if you heed these eight hints:
1. Shop in your closet—and your friends’. There may be pieces you’ve forgotten you had that you can repurpose for yourself or someone else.
2. Take steps to stay fit. Walk wherever you can. You’ll save on transportation costs and it’s good for your waistline and your health, so you may save on medical costs, too.
3. Check out thrift shops and vintage clothing stores, especially the ones in wealthy neighborhoods. You can get some great looks—sometimes there are items that have never even been worn—for very little. Then, take them home and make them your own with assorted inexpensive accessories.
4. Become an old sew and sew. Learn to alter, redesign and even create your own clothes so they’ll suit your style and your figure just right.
5. Drop any bad habits. If you quit smoking, drinking or fast food, you can save money while looking and feeling better.
6. Keep it simple. Go for timeless, basic clothing pieces that mix and match well.
7. When you shop for food, buy what’s in season; it costs less and is often better for you.
8. When it comes to looking and feeling clean and fresh, you don’t have to spend a lot to get great results. In fact, you can get body sprays, shower gels, body wash, shampoo, antiperspirants and deodorants for men and women at a great price. Just try the brands Power Stick and Soft Whisper by Power Stick; effective, long lasting at an affordable price, and available at Dollar General, Family Dollar and Dollar Tree stores. Made in America and never tested on animals, these are the leading brands in the value-priced market for a reason.
You can find more about these great products and further information at www.power-stick.com.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)