The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect until 7 PM EST this evening.
* LOCATIONS...The northern mountains and foothills of western North Carolina.
* HAZARDS...Frequent wind gusts, some of which could be strong enough to knock down tree limbs and power lines.
* TIMING...From late morning until early this evening.
* WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 to 50 mph at times.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.