The Marion Community Development Corp. has announced the summer 2018 pilot project to distribute materials and supplies for urgent home repairs in the city of Marion.
The Marion Community Development Corp. (CDC) is a new non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping provide people with access to safe and affordable housing, financial resources and literacy programs and initiatives that stimulate economic activity designed to improve the quality of life for residents.
Thanks to donations from Spencer’s Hardware, the Marion CDC currently has a large selection of home repair supplies to contribute to urgent home repair projects city-wide, according to a news release.
Available supplies include:
• Electrical: outlets, switches, dimmers, light fixtures, fixture covers, light bulbs
• Plumbing: fittings, valves, rings, gaskets, faucets, water filters
• Building: nails, fasteners, bolts, staples, tubing, plywood clips, Quikrete concrete repair tubes
• Heating/cooling: digital thermostats, vent covers, kerosene heater parts
• Household: oven replacement parts, weather-stripping, door/window hardware, dryer vent kits, doorbells, shelf brackets, door & drawer knobs & pulls, outdoor gate latches and more.
The Marion CDC would love to move these supplies into homes that need them. “If your organization serves any family whose home could benefit from a donation of repair materials, please take part in this pilot project,” said Executive Director Heather Cotton. “We are trying to keep it simple, so at this time we have just a few basic requirements from potential recipients.”
The basic requirements are:
• Homes to be repaired must be inside the city of Marion.
• Requests must come from a local service agency (community group, church group, non-profit organization, etc).
• Each organization should submit one agency information sheet along with a separate supply request form for each household you are assisting (you can view & download these forms by following the link below).
• Everything must be completed and returned to Marion CDC by July 15.
Also, please note:
• We will donate supplies we have on hand and we may not have everything requested.
• Marion CDC cannot provide labor or installation services for repairs at this time.
• We will notify you by Aug. 1 if we are able to provide the requested supplies.
“Thank you and please share this information with your colleagues, and as always, contact us with any questions,” said Cotton.
You can reach Marion CDC by calling Heather Cotton or Emily Shirley at City Hall at 828-652-3551 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also get more information at this link: Learn More & Download Forms.